And gee, Walt Disney Pictures successfully did it without...
1. Attacking the John Carter fanbase on Internet bulletin boards as Universal Studios did to "Battlestar Galactica" fans in the 2000s.
2. Endlessly procrastinating for decades on end with one movie announcement after another never leading anywhere as Universal Studios continues to do with "Battlestar Galactica" and Bryan Singer in tow.
3. Making some counterfeit John Carter production to deliberately piss off the John Carter fanbase as Universal Studios has done to "Battlestar Galactica" and its fanbase.
Why can't the idiots who manage and run Universal Studios be more like...
1. The people who manage and run Walt Disney Pictures (John Carter?)
2. The people who manage and run Paramount Pictures (Star Trek?)
3. The people who manage and run United Artists (James Bond?)
The world will never know (Tootsie Roll Pop goes "Crunch")