My Current Prediction For Bryan Singer's Career
1. His name will always be attached to every new "X-Men" movie as a "Producer." But since most movies nowadays have half a dozen producers at the very least, his role would probably be more of a "Consultant" position.
2. Presently, Bryan Singer is in a very odd position, career wise. He is hovering in between the long list of movies / TV productions he announced and never made...
1. Six Billion Dollar Man
2. Battlestar Galactica
3. The Munsters (TV series)
4. Logan's Run
6. Bob Fosse mini series (HBO)
9. X-Men: Last Stand
10. Jack The Giant Killer
11. Star Trek
12. The Prisoner
13. Wolverine 2
14. X-Men 3
15. Aim High
...leaving behind the big-budget Hollywood spectacles he used to direct (X-Men, X-Men 2, Superman Returns [the flop])
...and leaning towards being a permanent employee of NBC-Universal / SyFy Channel where he does whatever they need him to do:
1. Directing the "Munsters Halloween Special" airing this month on NBC-TV.
2. Making his Bi-Ennial "Battlestar Galactica" movie announcements for Universal Pictures. The movie he has never intended to make since 2001.
3. I predict that Bryan Singer will direct a horror movie or two for the SyFy Channel under a "Psuedonym."
Let's also not forget that Bryan Singer directed a series of "Magnum Gold Ice Cream Commercials."
It's also safe to say that Bryan Singer will also be leaning towards "consulting" on various low budget movies.
I think it's safe to say that Bryan Singer's career is bouncing all over the map right now because the failure of "Superman Returns" did him in as a big-budget, Hollywood spectacle type director.
You never know when or if what type of project Bryan Singer will complete next (and in what behind the scenes position), yet it's safe to say it will be safely within everything I outlined above.
The constant chameleonic nature of Bryan Singer's career right now is what I believe to be the on-going after shocks of the failure of "Superman Returns."