On this rare...rare...rare....rare....rare occasion when Bryan Singer completes a project of any sort, it's looking like "Jack The Giant Slayer" will do nothing to kick-start Bryan Singer's (from all appearances) stalled career as a movie director.
I have four predictions myself for this movie and how its box office performance will impact Bryan Singer....
1. The soft performance of "Jack The Giant Slayer" at the box office will return Bryan Singer to the permanent womb of NBC-TV and the SyFy Channel, where he will always be on call to do anything that is needed for them. Directing movies of the week for NBC, directing a trashy monster movie or two for the SyFy Channel, and making guest appearances on the various and trashy SyFy Channel shows. Of course, Bryan Singer will continue to be on call to Universal Studios to always release his "Fake" Battlestar Galactica movie announcements every two years. Expect his next one in the Fall of 2013.
2. Bryan Singer will continue to direct "Magnum Gold Ice Cream Commercials."
3. Bryan Singer will eventually find his way directing sitcoms of this nature for the Disney Channel, perhaps under a pseudonym...
4. This list created by Bryan Singer will continue to grow by leaps & bounds...
Bryan Singer's Aborted Project / Fake Press Release List - Volume 1
1. Six Billion Dollar Man
2. Battlestar Galactica
3. The Munsters (TV series)
4. Logan's Run
6. Bob Fosse mini series (HBO)
9. X-Men: Last Stand
10. Jack The Giant Killer
11. Star Trek
12. The Prisoner
13. Wolverine 2
14. X-Men 3
15. Aim High
16. X-Men: First Class
17. X-Men: Days of Future Past (Abandonment Pending)
18. Freedom Formula: Ghost of The Wasteland
19. The Mayor of Castro Street: The Life & Times of Harvey Milk
21. The Twilight Zone (Abandonment Pending)
22. Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
23. Footballers Wives
24. X-Men Origins: Magneto
25. Superman: The Man of Steel
Read the books Universal Studios has tried and failed to censor on Amazon.com...