What has sadly become the set in stone characteristics of this thoroughly broken, troubled, and dysfunctional corporation?
1. That the people this corporation routinely associates with (Bryan Singer, Ronald D. Moore, David Eick, Bonnie Hammer, David Howe, Mark Stern) are as creatively bankrupt and lacking any sort of talent whatsoever as NBC-Universal / SyFy Channel is.
2. That this corporation (every component of it) may be suffering from a pathological psychiatric condition characterized by pathological liars within this corporation issuing "fake" press releases on a regular basis. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_can_you_tell_if_someone_is_a_pathological_liar
Yes, "Narcissism" would be an accurate description of this entire corporation and Bryan Singer wouldn't it?
3. That this corporation absolutely sucks at everything they do in the arenas of "Science Fiction" overall and "Battlestar Galactica."
4. That this corporation is run very differently from the rest of the movie studio / corporations in Hollywood. Based upon objective observations going back decades, NBC-Universal / SyFy Channel is run by very odd people. They hate Science Fiction, yet they purchased the once great Sci-Fi Channel back in the 1990s. They hate "Battlestar Galactica", yet they won't sell the property / copyright. They are supposed to be in the business of creating mass market entertainment, but that is precisely what they don't do with the Science Fiction genre and the "Battlestar Galactica" property. Instead, they utilize both to endlessly display their corporate ignorance of both by turning both into extremely unpopular interpretations geared towards miniscule viewerships as eccentric and off the wall as they are. And then NBC-Universal / SyFy Channel does a complete 180 and complains that Science Fiction and "Battlestar Galactica" doesn't make any money for them on a mass market level. If NBC-Universal / SyFy Channel simply stopped making Science Fiction and "Battlestar Galactica" specifically for its "Oddball, Andy Warhol Goofball Friends on Wall Street" (the people who like to stare at paint freshly splashed on the wall and watch it dry while sipping martinis and claiming that there is something deeply psychological to be pondered there) and started thinking in mass market terms, Science Fiction and "Battlestar Galactica" would begin making noteworthy money for them.
5. That this corporation never made an honest "Battlestar Galactica" press release in its entire corporate life beginning in 2001.
6. That NBC-Universal / SyFy Channel is a laboratory example of an arrested business in the specific arenas of Science Fiction and "Battlestar Galactica." They either do both wrong contrary to what they are supposed to be (the same thing as not doing anything at all constructively with them) or they don't get anything done at all with them. They are absolutely immobilized and broken as a corporation.
7. As a sidenote, the present status of Bryan Singer's career is just as arrested as NBC-Universal / SyFy Channel is as a corporation. They were made for each other. Lo and behold, they are the front and rear of the same donkey. Bryan Singer's recent appearance on "Face Off", for example.
8. It's a safe bet that NBC-Universal / SyFy Channel is the first media corporation ever...to make so little money with Science Fiction with so many properties simultaneously at their disposal (Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, etc.) Part of it is by design because they hate Science Fiction period, and other parts of it are they simply lack the in-house talent to do it right (Bonnie Hammer, David Howe, Mark Stern, Bryan Singer, Ronald D. Moore, David Eick) are unwilling to pay top dollar for outside help, or put up decent budgets for quality productions.
Read the books Universal Studios has tried and failed to censor on Amazon.com...