Bryan Singer has a lot of things working against him right now. First of all is this "List of Mayhem & Utter Destruction" he personally created and will never be able to shed from his reputation...
Bryan Singer's Aborted Project / Fake Press Release List - Volume 1
1. Six Billion Dollar Man
2. Battlestar Galactica
3. The Munsters (TV series)
4. Logan's Run
6. Bob Fosse mini series (HBO)
7. 2012 (SyFy Channel mini-series)
9. X-Men: Last Stand
10. Jack The Giant Killer
11. Star Trek: Federation - Television Series
12. The Prisoner
13. Wolverine 2
14. X-Men 3
15. Aim High
16. X-Men: First Class
17. X-Men: Days of Future Past (Abandonment Pending)
18. Freedom Formula: Ghost of The Wasteland
19. The Mayor of Castro Street: The Life & Times of Harvey Milk
21. The Twilight Zone remake with CBS-TV
22. Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
23. Footballers Wives
24. X-Men Origins: Magneto
25. Superman: The Man of Steel
27. My Eleventh
Then there is the issue of him lying on camera about a "Battlestar Galactica" movie he has been lying about making since 2001...As he did in this film clip from August 3rd, 2012...
How can you keep lying about not making the same movie for 12 years?? Bryan Singer has!!
Finally...is anyone really looking forward to seeing "X-Men: Days of Future Past" if in fact, Bryan Singer is really directing the thing and he actually gets it into theaters next year? There has been so many of these "X-Men" movies already and none of them terribly compelling to begin with. This movie has two things working against it....
1. Bryan Singer is possibly the director. He has had three "Fantasy Flops" in a row ("Jack The Giant Slayer"..."Mockingbird Lane"...."Superman Returns".) These movies have proven that Science Fiction and Fantasy simply does not agree with Bryan Singer. The genres do not like him...at all. Even the movies considered by some to be his strongest outings in Science Fiction and Fantasy ("X-Men 1", "X-Men2") were too serious, pretentious, laborious to watch, and quite frankly, not exciting.
2. Counting the "Wolverine" movies this is what? The sixth or seventh "X-Men" movie? This isn't the "James Bond" franchise where you can keep making them. The "Laws of Diminishing Returns" have already kicked in for these "X-Men" movies, with each new movie making less than the last. And Bryan Singer "Singer-ized" this potential movie franchise to such an extent that even if new directors were brought on board, none of them could save it.
Ronald D. Moore has never made good Science Fiction or Fantasy for the television or movie screen. Ronald D. Moore just produces and writes what he wants to produce and write (when he is rarely given the opportunity to do so) regardless of whether it falls into the categories of Science Fiction or Fantasy. If anything, Ronald D. Moore will always be notorious for two things: (1) Giving us this frowning guy and killing the potential "Battlestar Galactica" franchise in the process...
and (2)...Killing Captain Kirk on scaffolding...Couldn't the great Captain Kirk have had a more majestic and noble death?
In both instances, Ronald D. Moore did not create financial riches for himself or the studios involved.
The mathematical formulas can be summed up as follows....
Bryan Singer + Science Fiction / Fantasy = Zero profits for the studios involved.
Ronald D. Moore + Science Fiction / Fantasy = Zero profits for the studios involved.
Read the books Universal Studios has tried and failed to censor on Amazon.com...
And read these books at another location where Universal Studios executives and its stealth marketers won't be able to post negative, misleading (stealth marketed) reviews of the books via them purchasing candy and Rogaine Foam on Amazon.com (allowing them access to the Amazon book review section) and not actually buying and reading the books. I'll leave the other 150 global locations under wraps for now.