Friday, May 2, 2014
Universal Studios Has Mismanaged and Mishandled "Battlestar Galactica" For So Long Now, Any Claims They May Make Regarding a New Movie Immediately Places Them in a "Credibility Deficit"
It's because of Universal Studios endless....decades spanning...."Corporate Buffoonery"....with "The 1978 Battlestar Galactica Series" that 36 years later....fragments and bits & pieces of "Saga of a Star World"....the pilot episode of the 1978 series (footage never seen before by anyone)....are still being found in the darndest of places, such as right here in this Canadian trailer for the 1978 Canadian theatrical release of "Saga of a Star World."
Yes, it is a testament to the stellar management job (rolling my eyes) that Universal Studios has bestowed upon "The 1978 Battlestar Galactica Series" during the past 36 years....that the latest batch of missing footage from "Saga of a Star World" has showed up in the 36 year old trailer linked above with a snowy picture.
What missing footage do we have here (in the trailer linked above) never before seen? Footage not even included in the "Galactica Complete Epic Series" DVD set?
1. "Rigel" announcing numerical distances not heard before. "100 Microns"...."95 Microns"....etc.
2. Buttons being pressed on the bridge just before the "Vipers" launch. Probably by "Rigel" herself.
3. "Adama" announcing "General Quarters" with additional never before seen footage of "Warriors" racing to the launch bay.
4. "Omega" quickly darting his head from the left to the right.
5. "Adama" and "Tigh" observing something.
6. Footage of "Boomer" in his "Viper" looking to the left while in combat.
7. The original voice of the "Imperious Leader." Ted Cassidy?
8. The survivors of "Caprica" yelling at "Apollo" in their original (more compelling) "on-set voices" before they were dubbed over for some thoroughly unnecessary reason no doubt.
9. Explosions sounding more dangerous.
10. A few extra seconds of footage of a bridge officer flying across the "Atlantia" bridge while explosions are going off.
11. A different music cue (never heard before) playing while Starbuck and Cassie are in the launch bay.
12. A head on view of the "Landram" on "Carillon" not seen before.
13. Extra seconds inside the "Landram" as "Boomer" opens the door to get out.
14. More extra footage of the aliens inside the "Carillon Casino."
Plus we have all of the missing and extended spaceship scenes from "Saga of a Star World" in the European theatrical release from 1980....."Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack."
And despite all of this, Universal Studios is now talking about (in their latest fake press release) of doing a complete "reimagining" of "Battlestar Galactica" in a theatrical film??
Let me tell you something, Universal. Get your "Corporate Shit" together (first) and locate all of this missing footage from "Saga of a Star World" and do a "Director's Cut" of this fine film ala' "The Donner Cut" of "Superman 2"....before you even think about doing anything else with "Battlestar Galactica." Fair enough? (Wishful thinking, I know.)
You respect, repair, and ground your source material first ("Saga of a Star World")...and then you talk about brand new theatrical films afterwards....Logical? Fair enough?
I know what is really going on here...Universal Studios has screwed up and mismanaged the source material of "Battlestar Galactica" (the 1978 series) over the years so severely....that the 1978 series really couldn't be revisited 36 years later even with a "Director's Cut" of the pilot film of the 1978 series (no doubt due to trashed, discarded, and missing footage.) Universal Studios just wants a fast and convenient "escape route" (a pardon for themselves.....a reimagining) to escape their own ineptitude in mismanaging this series for 36 years if they ever actually did do a "reimagined movie" of "Battlestar Galactica."
Read the books Universal Studios has tried and failed to censor on Amazon.com...
And read these books at another location where Universal Studios executives and its stealth marketers won't be able to post negative, misleading (stealth marketed) reviews of the books via them purchasing candy and Rogaine Foam on Amazon.com (allowing them access to the Amazon book review section) and not actually buying and reading the books. I'll leave the other 150 global locations under wraps for now.
Posted by Languatron at 1:07 PM