Sunday, April 20, 2014
As I Predicted in One of My Earlier Posts, Fragments...Bits & Pieces...and....Table Scraps...of Never Before Seen Footage From "Saga of a Star World" Continue to Pop Up In The Darndest of Places
This is a Canadian promo trailer for the theatrical release of "Saga of a Star World." What do we have in this trailer? More never before seen footage from "Saga of a Star World." Specifically, what do we see in this "rough around the edges trailer" with a snowy picture?
1. "Rigel" announcing numerical distances of Cylon Raiders to the fleet never heard before. "100 Microns"....."95 Microns".... etc.
2. Just before the "Vipers" launch, a close-up of buttons being pressed on the bridge. Possibly by "Rigel" herself.
3. Ted Cassidy heard as the "Imperious Leader" instead of Patrick MacNee.
4. A never before heard music cue playing over "Starbuck" and "Cassie" in the launch bay.
5. "Commander Adama" announcing "General Quarters" immediately followed by extra footage of the "Colonial Warriors" racing to the "Launch Bay."
6. Brief footage of "Adama" and "Tigh" looking at something.
7. "Omega" quickly darting his head from the left to the right.
8. What appears to be more violent footage of the "Cylon Attack."
9. The survivors of "Caprica" yelling at "Apollo" (in their original voices) before these voices were dubbed over by inferior sounding different voices in post-production for some (I'm sure) thoroughly unnecessary reason.
10. A head on view of the "Landram" not seen before.
11. A split second of "Boomer" opening the door of the "Landram" to get out.
12. Still more footage of the aliens in the "Carillon Casino."
13. Extra footage of "Boomer" looking out the left side of his "Viper" cockpit during combat.
14. Explosions sounding more dangerous.
Overall, all of this brief extra footage (never before seen) makes "Saga of a Star World" look that much better, more interesting, more dangerous, more alien-esque, more intergalactic, and more exotic. Even when this footage is being seen from an old trailer with a snowy picture.
Let me guess as to why Universal Studios has never rounded up all of this extra, complete footage for a much needed "Director's Cut" of "Saga of a Star World." Because Universal Studios allowed all of it to get lost and destroyed over the decades from Universal Studios thoroughly typical and thoroughly expected irresponsibility and mismanagement of "Battlestar Galactica" beginning in 1978.
You get the impression from watching this trailer that it was all "outside talent" brought in to make this pilot movie, as the "in house talent" didn't exist at that time (1978) at Universal Studios to make this pilot movie. Just as it doesn't exist now (2014) at Universal Studios to make any sort of "Battlestar Galactica" movie. Reimagined or otherwise. What sorts of "Corporate Imbeciles" at Universal Studios would want to deviate away from what is obviously a "Winning Formula" for "Battlestar Galactica" seen in this trailer in favor of a "Brain Dead Reimagining?"
Read the books Universal Studios has tried and failed to censor on Amazon.com...
And read these books at another location where Universal Studios executives and its stealth marketers won't be able to post negative, misleading (stealth marketed) reviews of the books via them purchasing candy and Rogaine Foam on Amazon.com (allowing them access to the Amazon book review section) and not actually buying and reading the books. I'll leave the other 150 global locations under wraps for now.
Posted by Languatron at 9:39 PM