What might that...."Corporate Strategy"...."Corporate Strategies"....be?
1. Let's not draw favorable attention to the.."1978 Battlestar Galactica Series"..with attractive box art.
2. Hopefully, the.."1978 Battlestar Galactica Series".. won't be noticed with such unattractive box art.
3. Retailers will be discouraged from ordering numerous copies of this title with such unattractive box art. Thus, keeping sales down artificially and dishonestly. Thus, perpetuating our ongoing and intentional..."Corporate Created Illusion"....(spanning 38 years) that the...."1978 Battlestar Galactica Series"....just wouldn't be successful if brought back in any way.
4. Newbie consumers would be discouraged from even picking up a copy of this Blu-Ray set to read on the box what this series is about because the box art would be so unattractive and repulsive to them.
5. I firmly believe and am convinced that Universal Studios has a permanent team on staff of..."Corporate Retail Psychiatrists"...."Consumer Behavioral Analysts"....who have been advising Universal Studios for 38 consecutive years on how to keep the..."1978 Battlestar Galactica Series"....a..."Sleeping Giant"....and deliberately unattractive to consumers via deliberately unattractive and screwed up retail products.
Rule #1 - 101 Basics: "First impressions are everything to consumers in packaging. Whether the packaging is attractive or unattractive. One or the other will impact sales dramatically one way or the other."
I would imagine Universal Studios has been using these..."Consumer Behavioral Analysts"....in an unprecedented way. Actually using their knowledge to go in the opposite direction. To actually discourage consumer activity towards the..."The 1978 Battlestar Galactica Series"....
And read these books at another location where Universal Studios executives and its stealth marketers won't be able to post negative, misleading (stealth marketed) reviews of the books via them purchasing candy and Rogaine Foam on Amazon.com (allowing them access to the Amazon book review section) and not actually buying and reading the books. I'll leave the other 150 global locations under wraps for now.