Monday, February 9, 2015
Maybe Someday Universal Studios will Learn The Definition Of What a "Franchise" Is
Universal Studios doesn't have and has never had a...."Battlestar Galactica Franchise"....because they have done absolutely nothing at all and nothing constructive with the property in 37 years. As good as...."The 1978 Battlestar Galactica Series"....was, Universal Studios hasn't done anything in 37 years to build upon this great foundation. The 1978 series by itself is not a franchise.
However, Universal Studios has done everything it can do in the past 37 years to prevent a...."Battlestar Galactica Franchise"....from being built...
1. Releasing sub-standard VHS cassettes of half the episodes in 1986 of a very poor quality.
2. Ignoring the..."Science Fiction Boom"....in syndication in the late 1980s ignited by...."Star Trek: The Next Generation"....that would have been the perfect commercial climate for bringing back...."Battlestar 1978"....
3. Not following through with a good dozen press releases in a row announcing a..."Battlestar 1978"....movie beginning in 2001 and up to the present time. Fake press releases all of them.
4. Producing Ronald D. Moore's low rated...."GINO" - (Galactica In Name Only)....drek in the 2000s that wasn't...."Battlestar Galactica"....at all. But was rather (which Ronald D. Moore admitted to later), his dream version of how he felt...."Star Trek: Voyager"....should have been. Darker & Grittier.
5. Following the bile inducing "GINO" with the repugnant...."Caprica"....and...."Blood & Chrome." Both thankfully short lived productions also not...."Battlestar Galactica"....in any way, shape, or form.
6. "Battlestar Galactica" nowhere to be found within any of this mess.
7. Releasing a sub-standard...."Battlestar Galactica - Complete Epic Series".....DVD Set in October 2003 that had documented proof and complaints from scores of consumers of cracked discs, freezing discs, and a very poor transfer of the pilot episode. Universal Studios must have worked out one hell of a deal with the...."Better Business Bureau".....to prevent a mass recall of the damaged units. Damaged units still circulating today 12 years later.
Universal Studios has precisely....17 episodes of the...."The 1978 Battlestar Galactica Series"...and 6 episodes of...."Galactica: 1980"....in its possession. Not a franchise by a long shot. And not an impressive track record after 37 years of doing nothing with the property to say the least.
What also disqualifies...."Battlestar Galactica"....from being called a...."Franchise"....is Universal Studios horrible mismanagement of the property for the past 37 years. A property Universal Studios should have sold to someone else 37 years ago to prevent all of this destruction from occurring.
Read the books Universal Studios has tried and failed to censor on Amazon.com...
And read these books at another location where Universal Studios executives and its stealth marketers won't be able to post negative, misleading (stealth marketed) reviews of the books via them purchasing candy and Rogaine Foam on Amazon.com (allowing them access to the Amazon book review section) and not actually buying and reading the books. I'll leave the other 150 global locations under wraps for now.
Posted by Languatron at 7:06 PM