Saturday, March 8, 2014
The "Corporate Shakeups" At The SyFy Channel Didn't Come Soon Enough
Boy, am I ever going to miss the old management at the "SyFy Channel!!" Yes, I'm going to miss them...like head lice, athlete's foot, and the common cold!!
Remember this infamous management team at the SyFy Channel?
Bonnie Hammer, David Howe, and Mark Stern?
Bonnie Hammer was rewarded for trashing the old "Sci-Fi Channel" with a promotion. Mark Stern is finally gone, and who knows where NBC-Universal has tucked David Howe.
After these long overdue "Corporate Shakeups", what are we left with in the aftermath? An ambiguous, low rated, backwater cable channel called "SyFy" without a discernible on-air identity in dire need of massive repair in order to restore it back to what it once was...."The Sci-Fi Channel."
Remember the more notorious...."cough"....management decisions of this "Trilogy of Management Terror" (Bonnie Hammer, David Howe, and Mark Stern?)
1. Greenlighting Ronald D. Moore's "Sham" version of "Battlestar Galactica" which really wasn't "Battlestar Galactica" at all. Rather, a sloppy, lazy, and thrown together smorgasbord of incompatible elements including "Star Trek".... "Blade Runner"..."Species"...."Soap Operas"....and anything else Moore and SyFy could think to rip-off. This mess and thorough embarrassment of a television series now forever known as "GINO" - (Galactica in Name Only.)
2. Greenlighting "GINO" for a weekly series despite its "Mini Series / Pilot" receiving the lowest audience test scores in television history.
3. Trying to legitimize their "badly produced / written / and acted" weekly horror movies by trying to categorize them as..."Fun to watch despite how badly they were made!!" (It's fun to watch crap!!) What this really was a smokescreen for....was that the talent simply wasn't there at the "SyFy Channel" to make good movies.
4. Trying to turn their "Sharknado" garbage fest (An absolute orgy of bad producing, writing, and acting) into a "National Event" on the order of America landing on the Moon in 1969, and the marriage of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer in 1981.
5. Trying to define "Professional Wrestling" as "Science Fiction" because the wrestlers sometimes wear "funny costumes like superheroes."
6. "Science Fiction" is whatever the "SyFy Channel" chose to define it as. A "Cooking Show", the "Cape Fear" movie, "Scare Tactics", "Crossing Over With John Edward", "Wrestling." Yikes!!
To the old management at the "SyFy Channel"........"Good Riddance!!"
Could the new management be any worse since the "SyFy Channel" has already hit rock bottom in absolute awfulness?
Read the books Universal Studios has tried and failed to censor on Amazon.com...
And read these books at another location where Universal Studios executives and its stealth marketers won't be able to post negative, misleading (stealth marketed) reviews of the books via them purchasing candy and Rogaine Foam on Amazon.com (allowing them access to the Amazon book review section) and not actually buying and reading the books. I'll leave the other 150 global locations under wraps for now.
Posted by Languatron at 9:55 AM