Monday, December 8, 2014
There is Absolutely Nothing New Offered to Consumers With This Blu-Ray Release
1. It's a Blu-Ray release? OK. But seriously, can Blu-Ray technology really improve the appearance of film stock that is 36 years old?
2. Widecreen versions of the episodes? That is...."Universal Studios Speak"....for...."We placed black bars at the top and bottom of the screen ruining perfectly good full framed episodes (as originally intended) and eliminating 28% of your picture information."
3. Extras? - The extras that were already released on the...."Battlestar Galactica - Complete Epic Series" DVD set in October 2003. So, we will be getting 12 year old interviews of the late Glen A. Larson...Stu Phillips....and the surviving cast members at that time. Thank God all of them (unfortunately not Glen A. Larson, Lorne Greene, and John Colicos) are still with us.
4. One (of many infinite things) I have always noticed about Universal Studios is that it will never bust its corporate ass to dig up any...."Archived Extras"....of the...."1978 Battlestar Galactica Series" that may very well still exist somewhere....
1. The...."Making of 'Battlestar Galactica'"...... segment that aired on...."Good Morning America"....a day after the pilot episode premiered (on September 18th, 1978.)
2. Interviews with the..."Battlestar Galactica"....cast members on the..."Mike Douglas"....show and the...."Dinah Shore"....show prior to the premiere broadcast.
3. All of the ABC-TV promo segments for the pilot episode (all 8 of them) that aired prior to the premiere broadcast.
4. All of the ABC-TV individual episodes promo segments that aired throughout the season.
5. The appearance of Richard Hatch on...."Kids Are People Too"....(a kids show at the time...1978) talking about...."Battlestar Galactica"....
This sort of stuff is always the sort of things that happen when a studio owns what they really shouldn't own...and never should have owned in the first place. Universal Studios has just never been... "Into This"..... show (as in...never really being in interested in it) beyond the basics for them..."Let's knock out a damaged DVD set...or a sub-standard Blu-Ray release"....here and there. And it has never been difficult to tell that Universal Studios just has never been...."Into This"....show from day one....
1. Universal Studios never caring one way or the other about the quality of merchandise for this show.
2. Universal Studios thorough lack of historical knowledge regarding the historical content of this show.
3. Universal Studios still failing to account for the still missing...."Lost Footage"....from...."Saga of a Star World".....the pilot episode of the...."1978 Battlestar Galactica"....series....36 years later!! This missing footage would have made a nice..."Extra"....for the upcoming Blu-Ray releases, wouldn't it?
4. The snide remarks Universal Studios and its stealth marketers were making against the...."1978 Battlestar Galactica" series a decade ago ("The 1978 series was a flop!!") while they were all simultaneously promoting Ronald D. Moore's...."GINO" - (Galactica in Name Only)....series.
I presently do not own a Blu-Ray player, nor am I motivated to buy one after hearing about the supposed extras in the upcoming Blu-Ray releases for the...."1978 Battlestar Galactica Series"....
And these Blu-Ray discs are going to be manufactured in Mexico? Thank God I don't own a Blu-Ray player to find out how badly damaged they might be.
Read the books Universal Studios has tried and failed to censor on Amazon.com...
And read these books at another location where Universal Studios executives and its stealth marketers won't be able to post negative, misleading (stealth marketed) reviews of the books via them purchasing candy and Rogaine Foam on Amazon.com (allowing them access to the Amazon book review section) and not actually buying and reading the books. I'll leave the other 150 global locations under wraps for now.
Posted by Languatron at 8:44 AM