Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Universal Studios vs. The 1978 Battlestar Galactica Series
Universal Studios has been unable to hide from the truth of this book since it was first published three years ago. Yes, three years ago. Which was the 30th Anniversary of this idiotic studio continuing to not do anything constructive with the "Battlestar Galactica" copyright.
Many of the truths published in this book continue to come to pass year after year after year...Such as....
1. Supposed theatrical projects based upon the "1978 Battlestar Galactica" series continue to get announced by Universal Studios every three or four (or so) years...and continue to get mysteriously derailed. The latest being the supposed "Glen Larson / Bryan Singer" Galactica project announced 28 months ago. Of course, it hasn't helped matters any either that Glen A. Larson and Bryan Singer both simultaneously lack a sound work ethic.
2. This indicates that as of 2011...there continues to be a "Shadow Mechanism" firmly in place at Universal Studios preventing any revival of the "1978 Galactica Series" from occurring. The latest victim no doubt being the supposed "Glen Larson / Bryan Singer" Galactica project announced 28 months ago. Of course, it hasn't helped matters any either that Glen A. Larson and Bryan Singer both simultaneously lack a sound work ethic.
3. Universal Studios continues to not want to make any money with the "Battlestar Galactica" copyright.
4. They would much rather continue to lose money on the property (in record amounts) by continuing to waste their time (and money) with Ronald D. Moore.
5. Sci-Fi (SyFy) Channel (was and is now) continues to be the indoctrinated subsidiary (arriving late in the game)....indoctrinated by Universal Studios....into deliberately mismanaging the "Galactica" property in any way they can.
The credible case can continue to be made that Universal Studios has never had any business owning the "Battlestar Galactica" copyright. Their lack of constructive action on any front regarding this property for over 30 years speaks for itself.
It can also be unanimously stated that there has always existed a fundamental incompatibility between Universal Studios and the "Battlestar Galactica" property. "Galactica" demands imagination and inspired thinking from those who own it. Universal Studios has always lacked both. (Just look at "GINO", "Caprica", and the upcoming "Blood & Chrome.") "Battlestar Galactica" demands wise and constructive ownership. Universal Studios has always lacked both. "Battlestar Galactica" demands the successful execution of its premise (from 1978) and its canon story components. Universal Studios is intellectually incapable of both.
It's no longer a mere "30 Years of Mismanagement." It's now "33 Years of Mismanagement."
Posted by Languatron at 8:38 AM