Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Things Glen A. Larson Needs to Keep in Mind if He Ever Wants to Bring "Battlestar Galactica" to the Big Screen
It has become blatantly obvious that Glen A. Larson needs to get a number of things clear in his thinking before he can even begin thinking about bringing "Battlestar Galactica" to the big screen....
1. It isn't enough that Glen A. Larson merely announce that a new "Battlestar Galactica" movie is in production. He is actually going to have to get off of his ass and physically make the movie. The movie is not going to make itself. He hasn't realized this in 33 years?
2. Glen A. Larson should know by now that all of his corporate friends and colleagues at Universal Studios have hated the "1978 Battlestar Galactica" series for the past 33 years. He should also have realized long before now that you can't go into the "Black Tower" and negotiate with pig-headed people like this. They're all bastards. Yes...all of Glen A. Larson's corporate friends at Universal Studios are bastards.
Just as President Obama should have realized long before now that you can't negotiate with a bunch of corporate thugs known as the Republican Party.
3. Glen A. Larson needs to begin seriously thinking about pulling the "Galactica" copyright out of Universal Studios. Larson should know by now that the only product that will ever come out of Universal Studios with the "Galactica" logo slapped on it is the end result of Universal Studios continued....anal love affair with Ronald D. Moore. A "Poop-Love Child" if you will.....
4. Taking his present old age into consideration....Glen A. Larson needs to begin thinking about....if he doesn't make a new "Battlestar Galactica" movie soon....he will not live long enough to enjoy "Galactica's return."
5. Glen A. Larson could do much...much better than having Bryan Singer direct a "Battlestar Galactica" film. If Larson wants a "Galactica" movie mutated into a "chick flick" for the "Driving Miss Daisy" crowd or the "Devil Wears Pravda" crowd....then by all means consent to Bryan Singer directing a "Battlestar Galactica" film. Yes....Bryan Singer loved "Battlestar Galactica" as a kid (so he says)....and he also loved "Superman - The Movie" as a kid (so he says)...and look where that got him with "Superman Returns." (rolling my eyes)...
6. The creation of any story and script for any "Battlestar Galactica" movie should not be any "corporate committee effort" involving any of Glen A. Larson's corporate colleagues and friends at Universal Studios. After all....these are the same people who have hated the "1978 Battlestar Galactica" series for the past 33 years.
7. Here's a novel idea....How about not even thinking about Bryan Singer & Tom DeSanto for any potential upcoming "Galactica" movie? When have they ever done "Battlestar Galactica" any favors? Which two idiots have always abandoned any potential "Galactica" movie for...."that ever so strategically timed and placed alternate project"....that always came around the bend.....ever so conveniently sabotaging any potential "Battlestar Galactica" theatrical film? Why....none other than Bryan Singer & Tom DeSanto. Fans of the "1978 series" since they were children....my ass. At the very least....any potential "Battlestar Galactica" movie needs professionals who are not going to abandon the project at the drop of a hat.
8. Hey Glen....Just tell your buddies at Universal Studios to bail on the copyright and sell it...if you can't take the heat.
9. Hey Glen....think bigger for "Battlestar Galactica"....Christopher Nolan in the Director's Chair.
10. Hey Glen....Have you dozed off at the latest comic book convention?
Posted by Languatron at 10:40 PM