A few things worth mentioning here...
1. Wise man say...Anyone who needs this much endless "Stealth Marketing Based Self Promotion" in everything he does isn't talented at all at what he does. Ronald D. Moore's shows never could survive on their own and they also could never survive with this "Pumped-Up On Steroids" stealth marketing B.S. Unless of course, the unqualified programming executives at the SyFy Channel dig their heels into the mud and ride out the rough ride of low ratings. A regular occurrence with all of the shows Ronald D. Moore is associated with.
2. To say that "GINO" - (Galactica in Name Only) was the highest rated SyFy Channel series isn't saying much since the SyFy Channel's ratings standards are so much lower than everyone else's. New episodes of "GINO" - (Galactica in Name Only) were regularly being beaten in the ratings by "SpongeBob" reruns. So that gives you an indication of what the highest rated SyFy Channel series accomplishes ratings wise.
3. "Helix" is going to incorporate some of the same story elements that made "GINO" - (Galactica in Name Only) so mass market unattractive and such a ratings flop. It just occurred to me that the SyFy Channel and Ronald D. Moore never learn and grow from previous mistakes because they don't know how to do anything else except the "Mistake Plagued Nonsense" they have always done. They only know how to make "Mass Market Unattractive" television via lazy (cutting all acceptable corners) producing and writing. SyFy Channel and Ronald D. Moore are only capable of being "Drive-Thru Window Fast Food Hucksters" manufacturers of underwhelming television backed up with "Pumped-Up On Steroids" stealth marketing campaign B.S.
4. Like Bryan Singer, every new project Ronald D. Moore tackles is never about the project itself, but rather is all about making Ronald D. Moore seem like something he isn't...a talented guy. "Helix" isn't about "Helix"..."Helix" is all about Ronald D. Moore. And he didn't even create the show!! "GINO" - (Galactica in Name Only) wasn't about "GINO", it was all about Ronald D. Moore, as bad as the show was.
5. I think it says many truthful, unflattering, and underwhelming things about the SyFy Channel and Ronald D. Moore that a decade later after "GINO", the two of them are no further along professionally than they were a decade ago. The two of them are still stuck in the exact same spot they have always been in, treading water in a rubber tire life preserver, going absolutely nowhere.
6. There was no "Cosmically Significant Ending Point" where "GINO" - (Galactica in Name Only) left off. Ronald D. Moore himself admitted that he was making it up as he went along, and even the great Glen A. Larson made the astute point that "GINO" was nothing but "lazy producing and writing."
7. Is anyone surprised that Ronald D. Moore's hands are all over "Helix" even though he didn't create "Helix" as is stated in the article linked above? This is standard procedure for Ronald D. Moore. His hands are always all over anything he didn't create. His hands were all over "Star Trek." His hands were all over "GINO" - (Galactica in Name Only) which was very poorly based upon the "1978 Battlestar Galactica" series he didn't create. His hands were all over the prequel script for "John Carpenter's The Thing" movie. A prequel script not used. His hands were all over a "Wild, Wild West" remake with CBS-TV which was never picked up. And now his hands are all over the "Helix" series he didn't create based heavily upon "John Carpenter's Thing" movie. When does it end and original thinking begins to sink in with this guy?
Read the books Universal Studios has tried and failed to censor on Amazon.com...
And read these books at another location where Universal Studios executives and its stealth marketers won't be able to post negative, misleading (stealth marketed) reviews of the books via them purchasing candy and Rogaine Foam on Amazon.com (allowing them access to the Amazon book review section) and not actually buying and reading the books. I'll leave the other 150 global locations under wraps for now.